One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Ayurveda) denoting a class of foods that are fresh, juicy, light, nourishing, and tasty, and thus give necessary energy to the body and help achieve balance.
- ‘Holistic living consists of eating sattvic food, conquering and channeling inner desires and following the instructions of the Supreme Lord.’
- ‘Ayurveda suggests sattvic food as the one which purifies the mind and satiates the body.’
- ‘According to the Vedas, it is not heredity that determines who is a brahmin, but rather, sattvic character and noble actions.’
- ‘Delicious prasadam, or blessed food, and healthy, sattvic lunches provided further opportunities for discussion and cultural exchange.’
- ‘In relation to diet, junk and processed food is tamasic, spicy food is rajasic and fresh vegetables are sattvic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.