One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spiritual discourse or sacred gathering.
- ‘Their enthusiasm for the Hindu festivals and the Sunday satsangs is commendable, but typical of a community thousands of miles from their homeland.’
- ‘Family, relatives and friends gather for satsang to share and enjoy their artistic gifts.’
- ‘The hallmark of this celebration would be the nightlong satsang.’
- ‘The Sri Ganesha Society of British Columbia, comprised of 100 Sri Lankan families, holds weekly satsangs and monthly chaturthi pujas.’
- ‘He is instrumental in conducting Gita discourses, satsangs and music sessions.’
From Sanskrit satsaṅga ‘association with good men’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.