One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that gives fulfillment or the pleasure associated with this.‘she neatly and satisfyingly ties up the loose ends in the story’as submodifier ‘the pancake was satisfyingly substantial’
- ‘The ending is satisfyingly nihilistic, albeit laden down with rather heavy-handed irony.’
- ‘Satisfyingly, the audience is allowed to do the investigative work themselves.’
- ‘His film is helped by a satisfyingly vicious twist in the final scenes.’
- ‘A satisfyingly dark purple colour, it has a nose sweet with fruit.’
- ‘The wind howls as you explore the outdoor levels, while footfalls in the snow are accompanied by a satisfyingly crisp crunch.’
- ‘Lifeboats are very grim places, with satisfyingly simple rules.’
- ‘He arranged a satisfyingly battered set of antique phonograph horns amid the weathered beams of this peaked room.’
- ‘Female friendship is treated in a satisfyingly jaundiced fashion in this 2002 independent film.’
- ‘In the movie's satisfyingly high-concept plot, there is more at stake than a man's sense of self in a big city.’
- ‘With the satisfyingly beautiful sound of a swish, he increased the 15-point lead of his team.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.