One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This equipment includes LCD flight displays, digital VHF radios, communication management units, file servers and high-speed satcom equipment.’
- ‘The only evidence offered by the Pentagon is that troops found a quantity of small arms, money, foreign passports and a satcom radio.’
- ‘The cabin system specialist last month surprised many by announcing plans for broadband Internet satcom services through the constellation of low-earth-orbit satellites.’
- ‘The satcom hub-and-spoke data distribution design filters incoming information to save time and bandwidth while strengthening system reliability.’
- ‘Boeing said it is willing to shoulder the up-front costs of development, noting that it already is in the satnav business and has become a major leader in satcom.’
- ‘For sending IP requests or e-mail from the aircraft back to the ground, the airplane's existing telephony, such as an Inmarsat-based satcom system or Magnastar telephone, must be used.’
- ‘It was also unusually well equipped with the latest avionics, including TCAS II Change 7, TAWS and satcom.’
- ‘Of course, traditional satcom through the Inmarsat satellites is still a popular option for business aircraft operators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.