Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Japanese dish of bite-sized pieces of raw fish eaten with soy sauce and wasabi paste.‘tuna sashimi’
- ‘Tuna is commonly used in sashimi, but its omega - 3 content is quite low compared to fish such as salmon, trout, mackerel and sardine.’
- ‘I sometimes think I could live on sushi and sashimi.’
- ‘Rest the sashimi slices against it, alternating slices of sashimi with lemon slices.’
- ‘Freezing and thawing raw fish will be the death of sushi and sashimi as we know it.’
- ‘His period of shyness now over, he wolfs down squid sashimi, mackerel rolls and tuna nigiri while ordering me to keep mixing wasabi and soy.’
- ‘Most people come to Tokyo expecting to eat sushi, maybe some sashimi, and probably some sort of noodles (soba, udon, or ramen).’
- ‘In Japanese cuisine, green shiso is added to sushi, soups, salads, sashimi, and tempura.’
- ‘He offers six varieties of crudo, the Venetian-inspired take on sashimi that's currently ubiquitous on Manhattan menus.’
- ‘I had several bottles of hot sake and some miso to accompany our dish of sashimi.’
- ‘On offer is a selection of sushi, sashimi and temaki, fish and vegetable combinations rolled in seaweed-wrapped cones.’
- ‘As for sushi and sashimi, they're fresh and expertly, if not artfully, prepared.’
- ‘The most sought after tuna, however, is the Bluefin, used to make tuna sashimi in sushi restaurants.’
- ‘And just about anytime, hungry Seattleites can be found gobbling noodles, sushi, sashimi, and tempura at restaurants all over the city.’
- ‘The sushi and sashimi are also delicious and if I have pudding it'll usually be the plate of different ice creams mixed with fruits and caramel.’
- ‘We had sashimi and fresh-cooked rice for dinner.’
- ‘Its raw belly meat provides the greatest otoro, the fatty tissue that is the most prized for sashimi and sushi.’
- ‘After the tuna tartare, I was presented with aji mackerel sashimi tossed in shiso blossoms.’
- ‘If you know your sushi and sashimi, you can custom order your own, but I opted for the platter which features 10 various pieces and one roll of the chef's choice.’
- ‘Worse yet, the sushi and sashimi that Tuesday night were mediocre, and a few items were downright terrible.’
- ‘Some fresh fish is eaten raw with soy sauce as sashimi, or combined raw with rice in sushi.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.