One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the ancient region of Sarmatia or its inhabitants.‘a band of Sarmatian knights’
- ‘The exhibition will display works of art found in burial mounds of Sarmatian tribes.’
- ‘The missing piece at the top marks the position of the rich Sarmatian grave’
- ‘He is a Briton, but he commands a Sarmatian cavalry for the occupying country.’
- ‘The museum received a little gold flask with rubies found in Sarmatian archaeological excavations.’
- ‘The Sarmatian burial rite at Klin Yar is inhumation in underground chambers.’
A native or inhabitant of the ancient region of Sarmatia.‘the Sarmatians fought as a heavy cavalry’
- ‘It is known that over 5,000 Sarmatians from this area came to Britain after the Marcomannic wars in AD 175.’
- ‘He settled many Sarmatians within the empire.’
- ‘The German tribes had already learnt to fight mounted in heavy armour from the Sarmatians.’
- ‘The archaeological discoveries they are referring to are connected to the Sarmatians.’
- ‘To the east of the Scythians there lived another horse people, the Sarmatians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.