One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Singled out for attention, she frets about what she calls, sardonically, ‘positive discrimination’.’
- ‘‘Yes, it's too eclectic, that's the problem,’ he says sardonically.’
- ‘Here he imagines a New Yorker sardonically addressing his weekend hostess.’
- ‘As one critic sardonically put it, their dollar salaries rise in inverse proportion to the obscurity of their work.’
- ‘It is moments like these that make the audience chuckle sardonically at these ignorant concepts, hitting home the realization of the tragic consequences that resulted from them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.