One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The sarcoplasmic membrane returns to its resting electrical potential (about 60 mV more positive outside), as does the entire T tubule system and the SR membrane.’
- ‘It is this cAMP that activates cAMP-dependent protein kinase, or PKA, that phosphorylates various cardiac ion channels in the sarcolemma and within the sarcoplasmic reticulum.’
- ‘Increased cAMP in vascular smooth muscle causes an increase in ionized calcium uptake by the sarcoplasmic reticulum, leaving little ionized calcium to facilitate contraction and resulting in smooth muscle relaxation.’
- ‘Second, there seems to be no significant anisotropy in the sarcoplasmic diffusion of proteins.’
- ‘Interestingly, in both ventricles myocytes adjacent to the adipose tissue showed multiple sarcoplasmic vacuoles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.