One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The three ecological groups of mushrooms are mycorrhizal, parasitic and saprophytic mushrooms.’
- ‘Specific carbohydrates are hypothesized to have a key role in the transition from the parasitic to saprophytic stage.’
- ‘In the standard saprophytic serovars and the saprophytic isolates from water sources there was no digestion with this enzyme and the original 482 bp band appeared as such in these strains.’
- ‘Since then, there have been other reports describing various saprophytic fungal organisms in cultures from allergic mucin.’
- ‘It imparts rigidity to the cell wall and is responsible for decay resistance that enables the cells to withstand the saprophytic activity of organisms capable of degrading non-lignified cell walls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.