One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Indian musical instrument like a dulcimer, played by striking with a pair of small, spoon-shaped wooden hammers.
- ‘I have spent a lot of time in Kashmir during my childhood and grown up admiring the musical notes of santoor as my father played the instrument.’
- ‘He also plays the sitar, the santoor and guitar.’
- ‘I am familiar with the tabla, sitar, santoor and the Indian flute.’
- ‘The sounds of the flute, the santoor and the tabla will bring alive the India classical traditions like never before.’
- ‘With special emphasis being laid on giving equal importance to all instruments, the festival will showcase the various forms of classical Indian instruments like flute, sitar, sarod and santoor.’
From Arabic sanṭīr, alteration of Greek psaltērion ‘psaltery’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.