An Indian musical instrument like a dulcimer, played by striking with a pair of small, spoon-shaped wooden hammers.
- ‘I have spent a lot of time in Kashmir during my childhood and grown up admiring the musical notes of santoor as my father played the instrument.’
- ‘He also plays the sitar, the santoor and guitar.’
- ‘The sounds of the flute, the santoor and the tabla will bring alive the India classical traditions like never before.’
- ‘With special emphasis being laid on giving equal importance to all instruments, the festival will showcase the various forms of classical Indian instruments like flute, sitar, sarod and santoor.’
- ‘I am familiar with the tabla, sitar, santoor and the Indian flute.’
From Arabic sanṭīr, alteration of Greek psaltērion ‘psaltery’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.