One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A quarry from which sand is excavated.
- ‘The airport sandpit is still closed and millions of dollars of potential revenue has been lost from lack of sales of filling sand.’
- ‘Gallipoli resembled a huge sandpit full of precipices, endless ravines and impassable ridges covered in thick scrub.’
- ‘The ground is dwarfed by seven giant cranes, used as part of a renovation scheme which has reduced a huge bank of terracing to a giant sandpit.’
- ‘Dempseys supplied sand and gravel to customers all around the west from their sandpits in Kilkelly.’
- ‘The team, led by C. Susanth, found that most of the tributaries of the Bharathappuzha have dried up even before the start of the summer season, posing a threat to the breeding of the Tern, which lays its eggs in sandpits in the banks.’
- ‘He said the council refused the company retention based on the location of the sandpit so close to a public water supply and the fear of the water source to Durrow, Clonkee and Ballinakill becoming polluted or contaminated.’
- ‘Aside from moving onto some of the Nordic Ski Club's land, the sandpit in the area would have also been disrupted if the application were approved.’
- ‘The route then moves up through the former sandpit and will connect to the Stradbally Road via the planned Summerhill housing development.’
- ‘They nest gregariously in sandy roadways and trails, bulldozed sandy fields, and sandpits.’
- ‘The group, joined by three international artists for the project, works in a roped-off sandpit watched by passers-by.’
- ‘Interest groups are claiming gross mismanagement of the sandpits and land is being given out secretly to ensure that if political sides change, there would be some form of insurance for certain people.’
- ‘She said she personally visited the sandpit on May 27 and observed that drivers were, in fact, covering their loads with tarpaulins.’
- ‘To the north and south are sandpits and marshes so thick they resemble oil slicks.’
- ‘After the treasure hunt the scouts set up camp once again in the sandpit in Graignamanagh, where they cooked dinner and took part in several wide games.’
- ‘The material was brought from Feehily's and Kennedy's sandpits in Dawros by horse and cart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.