One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Root-hardy almond verbena has sandpapery foliage and produces fingerlike clusters of small white almond-scented flowers that attract butterflies and hummingbirds.’
- ‘Covered in sandpapery skin smeared with copious amounts of mucus, the Mola mola, or giant ocean sunfish, grows up to 10 feet long and can weigh over 5,000 pounds.’
- ‘They seem almost supernaturally attuned to each other on this piece, contrasting hollow-sounding beats with sandpapery scrapes.’
- ‘Silver-colored, the molas have a rounded hind end and gritty sandpapery skin that is covered with copious amounts of mucus.’
- ‘Fortunately, a group called Act Right Initiative Campaign has been formed to change the attitude of students for the better and lessen the sandpapery relationship between students and authorities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.