One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Once the bright light dissipated, the remains of the hovering colony began dissolving into disabled dust, resting on the floor in heaps of black, sand-like material.’
- ‘Place a canvas drop cloth over the floor of the tub or shower to protect the surface from the sand-like grout that can scratch it.’
- ‘The sand-like residue [from the mine's rock-crushing] is also a problem because it is still generating radon.’
- ‘The council then treated the residue with a sand-like substance before safely removing all of it from the roadway.’
- ‘In the Nature paper, we reported a huge emission feature due to silicate particles, miniscule, microscopic, sand-like particles, and such a feature was not present in the IRAS data, because IRAS could not do that kind of spectroscopy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.