One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A seed-eating ground-dwelling bird with brownish plumage, allied to the pigeons and found in the deserts and arid regions of the Old World.
Family Pteroclididae, genera Pterocles and Syrrhaptes: several species
- ‘The most immediate examples of that are in direct species offtake, such as the trophy hunting of sandgrouse in Kenya.’
- ‘In addition, there are other male-incubating species such as buttonquail, mesites, sandgrouse, and shorebirds that have neither helpers nor communal cooperation.’
- ‘It has been suggested that columbids are closely related to gamebirds, buttonquails, parrots, shorebirds and sandgrouse (sandgrouse are sometimes included in the order Columbiformes).’
- ‘Little is known about sandgrouse despite the group having a broad geographical range.’
- ‘Reviews the 250 species of pheasants, partridges, grouse, quails, turkeys, guineafowls, buttonquails, sandgrouse, and plains-wanderers of the world.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.