One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A small marine fish with fringed lips, which burrows in the sand.
- ‘The sandfish spends most of its time underground living in soft sand.’
- ‘The Australian government is trying to seed juveniles of sandfish, Holothuroidea scabra which were reduced by overfishing.’
- ‘Pacific Sandfish live in the Northern Pacific from California to Russia.’
2A small sea bass which lives only in shallow inshore waters around Florida.
- ‘The state's biggest belted sandfish weighed .05 pounds.’
- ‘Fish counters saw many big belted sandfish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.