One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A voracious brown-spotted shark of tropical Atlantic waters.
- ‘A fourteen-year-old girl who had a chunk taken from her foot and leg while swimming in the Atlantic apparently was attacked by a sand shark, authorities said.’
- ‘We hooked much bigger fish than we landed and I think sharks are a possibility here, probably hammerheads and sand sharks.’
- 1.1 Any of a number of mainly harmless rays, dogfish, and sharks found in shallow coastal waters.
- ‘It's amazing what comes up in those traps besides lobster - sculpin, dogfish (northern sand sharks), hermit crabs, seaweed, and scallop weed (also known as lemon weed).’
- ‘Sandy bottom has sand sharks, bat rays, sting rays, corbina, angel sharks, sole, turbot, tube anemones, and clams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.