One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a powerful military caste in feudal Japan, especially a member of the class of military retainers of the daimyos.as modifier ‘samurai warriors’‘a samurai sword’
- ‘There were also some Social-climbing merchants who had money and paid to become adopted by a samurai family.’
- ‘When he was a little kid, Bill went to Japan and started studying with the greatest samurai warrior alive today.’
- ‘I worried that the wait staff might pull out their samurai swords at any moment.’
- ‘The world of the samurai in ancient Japan has long been intriguing.’
- ‘The samurai no longer believed that being a good warrior was all that was necessary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.