One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A figure used to determine what amount of sales growth is attributable to new store openings, based on sales made by stores that have been open more than one year.
- ‘Akyol boosted his estimates based on cafe openings and continued strong same-store sales.’
- ‘Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world's largest retailer, said same-store sales at its US stores rose about 4.3 percent this month, helped by a strong start to the holiday shopping season.’
- ‘Deutsche Bank estimates that same-store sales at outlets five years old or more have declined for the past three years.’
- ‘Even in a tough retail environment, Gap's declining same-store sales are worse than those of its peers, having fallen 11% so far this year after declining 5% in 2000.’
- ‘In the fourth quarter of 1999, Sears's same-store sales - a key measure of retail performance - increased only 2.4 percent at a time when many other competitors posted increases of 5 percent to 9 percent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.