One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Marriage between partners of the same sex (as recognized in some jurisdictions).
- ‘Belgium became the second country to allow same-sex marriage, in 2003.’
- ‘In November, Spain's highest court upheld a law legalising same-sex marriage brought in by the socialist government of Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.’
- ‘Voters in Maine, Maryland and Washington State became the first to approve same-sex marriage at the ballot box rather than through courts or legislatures.’
- ‘The 1990s brought a movement for legalizing same-sex marriages, but it initially enjoyed little success.’
- ‘His comments were seized on by supporters and opponents of same-sex marriage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.