One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving people of the same sex.‘same-sex friendships’
- ‘Women, on the other hand, seem to thrive better in same-sex sibling relationships.’
- ‘This book marks an important contribution to the growing literature in the history of sexuality, especially the study of same-sex relationships between men.’
- ‘The Constitutional Court ruled last year that people in "permanent same-sex life partnerships" could adopt children.’
- ‘It may be too late to reintroduce same-sex schools into the secondary school system throughout the region.’
- ‘He has been in a same-sex relationship for 20 years.’
- ‘The two are among the eight same-sex couples who went to court seeking the right to get married.’
- ‘For university students, same-sex friends are primary sources of need fulfillment.’
- ‘Most of the commission's proposals are intended to take same-sex parenting into account.’
- ‘Hundreds of businesses have extended benefits to same-sex partners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.