One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ravaged by bushfires, salvagers, restorers and souvenir hunters the once almost intact wreck is now a shadow of its former self.’
- ‘The 44,000 tonne Prestige had sustained a near 50 ft crack in the hull below the waterline that made it unable to proceed under its own power while salvagers sought a port to do repairs or transfer the oil to another vessel.’
- ‘The brothers were the original salvagers and employed teams of men to strip fabric from ships, including the liner Aquitania when she was broken up.’
- ‘The story goes, after discovering a passenger ship missing since 1953 floating adrift on the Bering Sea, salvagers claim the vessel as their own.’
- ‘The hulls lie in relatively shallow water and have long been raided by salvagers and souvenir hunters, despite their status as war graves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.