One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where disused vehicles or other machinery is broken up and the parts saved and processed for resale.
- ‘Only vehicle manufacturers, through their agents and dealerships, are to sell spares which means an instant end to auto jumbles, or salvage yards.’
- ‘Some even physically remove the VIN plate from vehicles in auto salvage yards that allow customers to ‘pick your own parts.’’
- ‘However, a salvage yard can be a goldmine, especially if you are not the type to pay more than you need to and you like to work on your car yourself.’
- ‘They developed a design built around a dump truck with a burnt-out cab, sourced from a local salvage yard.’
- ‘One of the most reliable places to get genuine Volvo parts at a discounted price is a salvage yard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.