One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A therapeutic regimen, normally based on drugs, that is resorted to when preferred therapies have failed.‘forty-eight percent of seriously ill patients survived one month after completing salvage therapy with trimetrexate and leucovorin’
- ‘Where adefovir dipivoxil fits into the treatment of HBV infection - as first-line monotherapy, combination therapy, or salvage therapy for lamivudine-resistant infection - remains to be determined.’
- ‘Because curative salvage therapy is possible, the tumor markers are followed every one to two months for one year after treatment, then quarterly for one year, and less frequently thereafter.’
- ‘Individual resistance patterns influence the success of initial antiretroviral therapy and the selection of salvage therapy options for use in patients whose viral load does not suppress or later rebounds after a regimen is begun.’
- ‘Caspofungin, the first of the new class of echinocandins to be released, has been approved for salvage therapy of invasive aspergillosis.’
- ‘Initial intravenous therapy was followed by tapering doses of oral prednisone in most reports, with pulse dosing used for salvage therapy in patients whose condition worsened on lower doses or during tapering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.