One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The student who ranks second highest in a graduating class and delivers the salutatory.Compare with valedictorian
- ‘Rebecca finished eighth-grade last year as the salutatorian of her class.’
- ‘She turned toward the stage as everyone started clapping as AJ, the class valedictorian, and Matt, the class salutatorian, walked up to the podium to make their speeches.’
- ‘He was salutatorian while Tina was valedictorian the year they graduated.’
- ‘She has been checking with area alumni to compile lists of the valedictorians and salutatorians for each graduating class as well as records set by past district athletes.’
- ‘In addition, 26 percent of admitted students were valedictorians or salutatorians of their high school class.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.