One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large and dangerous crocodile occurring in estuaries and coastal waters from southwestern India to northern Australia.
- ‘Caught disturbing residents of Wyndham, Western Australia, a saltwater crocodile is restrained for shipment to a park.’
- ‘Unlike saltwater crocodiles, freshwater crocodiles generally do not pose a threat to humans.’
- ‘Seven farms operate in Australia's Northern Territory, raising saltwater crocodiles from hatchlings and selling their skin and meat.’
- ‘Crocodiles vary in size. The saltwater crocodile measures up to 10 m in length, while others are no more than 1 m long.’
- ‘The skin of the saltwater crocodile produces the highest quality leather of the world's crocodilian species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.