A salt-tolerant orache plant sometimes used in the reclamation of saline soils or to provide grazing in areas of salty soil.
- ‘Saltbushes are well-adapted to grow in salty or alkaline sites where the soils are silty or gravelly and thus retain little water. ...’
- ‘The saltbush Atriplex halimus is a chenopodiaceous plant well adapted to dry saline habitats and widely distributed in the Mediterranean Basin.’
- ‘A fruit commonly consumed by Silvereyes is the small, polymorphic berry (red, yellow, or white) of the fragrant saltbush.’
- ‘New flora grew on the shore: Desert scrub, creosote bush, saltbush, and tamarisk.’
- ‘As their name suggests, saltbushes have high tissue concentrations of salt.’