One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A frame house having up to three stories at the front and one fewer at the back with a steeply pitched roof.‘the 15 duplexes evoke traditional rural structures such as the New England saltbox’as modifier ‘three-story saltbox houses’
- ‘The 15 duplexes, designed by architect Jerry Weisburd of Housecraft Builders, evoke traditional rural structures such as the New England saltbox.’
- ‘Mingling the best of old and new, the renovated saltbox remains faithful to its humble origins while accommodating the personality of its residents.’
- ‘Their domicile was a very simple affair, a clapboard saltbox with a ‘parlor’ and kitchen on the left side and two bedrooms on the right, built ‘in the round’, with no hallway.’
- ‘It was a saltbox style building with a second saltbox attached as an ell to the first giving the inn two identical facades when viewed from a corner.’
- ‘The couple lived in apartments for 30 years before taking the real estate plunge, buying a 1939 saltbox that they remade as their own.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.