One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The saltatory nature of this type of flight results in extreme linear and angular displacements of the bird's body; however, birds isolate their heads from these accelerations with cervical reflexes.’
- ‘The myelin acts as a layer of high electrical resistance and low capacitance, facilitating the rapid saltatory conduction of electrical impulses from node to node for long distances along axons that may be up to 1 m in length.’
- ‘His intriguing take on evolution proposed that the apparent saltation of the fossil record actually reflected saltatory events.’
- ‘The species possesses paired, elongate lateral spines that function in saltatory sweeping motions in response to sheer disturbances by predators.’
- ‘The cytoskeleton is involved in the saltatory movement of organelles such as mitochondria or in the fusion of endosomes with primary lysosomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.