One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Flecked or speckled with intermingled dark and light shades; pepper-and-salt.‘his salt-and-pepper hair’
- ‘My father was some years older than my mother, with salt-and-pepper hair (he blames the gray on me).’
- ‘He has a salt-and-pepper mustache, a dab of hair under his lower lip, and a glasses case poking out of his left chest pocket.’
- ‘He has a full head of salt-and-pepper hair, wire-rim glasses and a warm smile.’
- ‘Vincent's appearance also represents something of a departure for Cruise, with his steel grey hair and salt-and-pepper stubbled face.’
- ‘Quite a few people look much better with salt-and-pepper hair than they did with color.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.