One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the fallopian tubes.
- ‘Hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy specimens revealed uterine leiomyomas, adenomyosis, and acute salpingitis.’
- ‘After acute salpingitis, the risk of an ectopic pregnancy is increased sevenfold.’
- ‘Endometritis and salpingitis are thought to be components of pelvic inflammatory disease.’
- ‘Pelvic inflammatory disease comprises a variety of inflammatory disorders of the upper female genital tract, including endometritis, salpingitis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and pelvic peritonitis.’
- ‘He also postulated that C trachomatis was a cause of pelvic inflammatory disease after noting that mothers whose babies had chlamydial ophthalmia neonatorum had symptoms of salpingitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.