One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the fallopian tubes.
- ‘He also postulated that C trachomatis was a cause of pelvic inflammatory disease after noting that mothers whose babies had chlamydial ophthalmia neonatorum had symptoms of salpingitis.’
- ‘Pelvic inflammatory disease comprises a variety of inflammatory disorders of the upper female genital tract, including endometritis, salpingitis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and pelvic peritonitis.’
- ‘After acute salpingitis, the risk of an ectopic pregnancy is increased sevenfold.’
- ‘Endometritis and salpingitis are thought to be components of pelvic inflammatory disease.’
- ‘Hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy specimens revealed uterine leiomyomas, adenomyosis, and acute salpingitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.