One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of the fallopian tubes.
- ‘Although past treatment consisted of an open laparotomy and salpingectomy, current laparoscopic techniques for unruptured ectopic pregnancy emphasize tubal preservation.’
- ‘Where the tubes are irreversibly damaged and there are large, communicating hydrosalpinges, salpingectomy (laparoscopic or open) is recommended as the success of in vitro fertilisation is impaired by their presence.’
- ‘One year later she had a tubal pregnancy and needed salpingectomy.’
- ‘Before the advent of laparoscopy, laparotomy with salpingectomy (removal of the fallopian tube through an abdominal incision) was the standard therapy for managing ectopic pregnancy.’
- ‘Previously, salpingectomy by laparotomy was the gold standard for the treatment of ectopic pregnancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.