One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or degree of being saline.‘the salinity of the water is high’count noun ‘low salinities occur in the Baltic’
- ‘We have the issue of salinity, which is particularly Australian.’
- ‘Land clearing is a very important aspect of the action plan against salinity.’
- ‘We have blue-green algae outbreaks, we have dryland salinity, we have erosion and soil acidification.’
- ‘Tidal action increases the salinity upstream during the dry season.’
- ‘This presents a stressful condition in dilute salinities that must be met by active ion uptake.’
- ‘There's been a quiet revolution in the science supporting salinity which perhaps hasn't been widely enough appreciated yet.’
- ‘In 2004, scientists estimated that the Salton Sea contains 25 per cent more salinity than the ocean.’
- ‘We will be acclimating hatching crocodiles to varying salinities, from fresh water to full-strength seawater.’
- ‘We know from models it could actually change some of the ocean salinity.’
- ‘They need to use their water more efficiently, to grow new, more valuable crops and help prevent the spread of salinity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.