One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A saleswoman, especially one working as a salesclerk.
vendor, retailer, purveyor, shopkeeper, supplier, stockist, trader, merchant, dealerView synonyms
- ‘The saleslady smiled and prompted, ‘Would you like to pay for those now, so I can remove the tags?’’
- ‘The smothering saleslady held the dress up to me.’
- ‘The oh-so-helpful saleslady measured my feet.’
- ‘He ask the kindly saleslady to select some ten books that has romance as a subject, the lady gladly helped him and picked up some of the thickest books he had ever bought.’
- ‘My Aunt Dot was donating two days a week as a saleslady at the United Nations Gift Shop, which was a charity enterprise that sold globes and flags and little sculptures that you'd never want in your house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.