One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a Roman Catholic educational religious order founded near Turin in 1859 and named after St. Francis de Sales.
- ‘She lived in a compound in the outback with Salesian nuns, about three hours drive from Nairobi, and survived on a diet of fruit and vegetables.’
- ‘Noonan was chief concelebrant assisted by members of the Salesian clergy.’
- ‘The annual Salesian Pilgrimage to Our Lady's Shrine at Knock is on this Saturday, May 18.’
- ‘Generous donations will be welcome for St. Luke's Salesian missions in Lesotho, South Africa.’
- ‘He was also honoured with the task of officially opening the Catechetical Centre named after Don Bosco and dedicated to the memory of the first Salesian parish priest in Maputsoe, Fr Matthew Agostinelli.’
A member of the Salesian order.
- ‘Fr Michael Smith, provincial of the Salesians of Don Bosco missionaries in Ireland, said Fr Declan had a heart of gold.’
- ‘He had thought about four or five different orders before entering the Salesians.’
- ‘He collects new stories of the work being carried out by the Salesians in the countries he visits and has articles regularly published in the Salesian Bulletin.’
- ‘He discovered his vocation when, after receiving his degree in engineering, he went to Vietnam for a year and joined a group of Salesians whose calling is education.’
- ‘The Salesians made a major contribution to second level education in Laois for over half a century when secondary school facilities, especially for boys, was so limited in South Laois.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.