One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He met a well known intellectual who introduced him to radical Salafism, a doctrine which calls for a return to the purity of Islam.’
- ‘There is consensus among a wide array of our contacts that Salafism is on the rise, with some characterizing it as "a wave sweeping the country" and "nothing short of a major societal shift."’
- ‘Salafism is a strain of Islam that seeks to restore the faith to the way it was in the days of the prophet Muhammad, 14 centuries ago.’
- ‘Salafism is a Protestant-type reform movement that seeks to go back to the original Islamic sources and slough off medieval glosses.’
- ‘Although Ibn Taymiyya's medieval theology is important to the contemporary Salafists, Salafism had its true origins in modern times, in the reform movement at Sunni Islam's Egyptian core in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.