One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A glider designed for sustained flight.
- ‘I have flown for over forty years with over 6000 hours of flying time - most of it in sailplanes, hang gliders, and tow planes.’
- ‘The new badge levels for hang gliders will no longer be the same as those for high-performance sailplanes; the hang glider badges will be split into flex wing and rigid wing badges.’
- ‘I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity of spinning a variety of aircraft, from military trainers and fighters to general aviation aircraft, aerobatic aircraft and sailplanes.’
- ‘Compared to hang gliders, sailplanes are mechanically complex, land very fast, are difficult to get into tight fields, spin easy, break easy, and are next to impossible to bail out of.’
- ‘Sunday will be the big day with specially dedicated non-powered flying presentations by pilots flying hang gliders, paragliders, and sailplanes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.