A fish with a high, sail-like dorsal fin, in particular.
- ‘In Anguilla, the only sailfish we ever caught was on a kite-bait, and our most successful tarpon fishing there revolved around winds strong enough to lift the kites.’
- ‘In summer, great shoals of gamefish arrive, including giant kingfish, barracuda, sailfish and bonito.’
- ‘The fishermen also chartered a deep-sea fishing boat for the day while in the Seychelles, bagging boxfuls of bonito but failing to spot the prized sailfish or black marlin.’
- ‘One billfish, the sailfish, can swim in bursts of speed over 70 mph.’
- ‘For game fisherman the great catches are marlin, sailfish, tarpon and bonefish.’