One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Sahara Desert.‘a Saharan oasis’
- ‘The wind blows from the south or southeast off the hot Saharan desert.’
- ‘The Saharan air layer appears to depress hurricane formation.’
- ‘"In the same way that people find Saharan dust covering their cars the locust can also be picked up on the wind and carried very long distances," he said.’
- ‘The kingdom of Morocco is one of the most often-travelled Saharan countries and boasts a booming tourist trade.’
- ‘It's a long way from the dusty western Saharan city of Laayoune to Manhasset in leafy New York state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.