One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who breaks open and robs safes.
- ‘The actual sequence of opening the safe develops some real suspense as the director cuts between the safecrackers, their leader who has run into a hitch in the plan, and the returning watchmen.’
- ‘The kids' favorite part (and, I suspect, everyone else's, too) was Feynman's retelling of his adventures as a safecracker.’
- ‘It's about Vic, a former safecracker who has done his time and is now trying to maintain a straight life running a garage in New York.’
- ‘I could forego the computer hackers and high-tech recon operatives and burst into the place with a classic, rock-solid team of thugs, gunmen, and safecrackers.’
- ‘We have two of the finest safecrackers in North America working with us here at Ronald Lister.’
- ‘Zed is an American safecracker in Paris.’
- ‘‘Most likely, one of the criminals was an experienced safecracker, because an analysis showed that the safe was opened without any outer physical damage,’ a police spokesman told Interfax.’
- ‘These ratings are not theoretical; employed by UL, actual hotshot safecrackers take actual safes and test them.’
- ‘Veteran British safecracker Gary ‘Gal’ Dove retires, taking his wife to the sunny climes of Spain to live off his ill-gotten gains.’
- ‘In Bad Santa, Billy Bob Thornton's part-time department store Santa is a seasonal safecracker and a foul-mouthed, cantankerous drunk all year round.’
- ‘He has a new cellmate, an articulate safecracker named Jack Duane.’
- ‘A factory was discovered where loaded dice and marked cards were produced and a school for safecrackers was uncovered.’
- ‘If the safe could withstand safecrackers indefinitely, you wouldn't have to bother with alarms.’
- ‘Each safe is actually rated according to approximately how long it can withstand fire, as well as how hard it would be for a veteran safecracker to break into it.’
- ‘De Niro plays a master safecracker who is persuaded by his long-time backer to take on a huge job in his home town of Montreal, with inside help from an up-and-coming wiseguy (Norton).’
- ‘William H. Macy, playing nervous single parent Riley, and Sam Rockwell, as born loser boxer Pero, head the cast of this hit and miss affair, most notable for a cameo appearance by George Clooney as a wheelchair-bound safecracker.’
- ‘Nick is also a professional safecracker who lives by a sworn motto: never steal from where you live.’
- ‘I thought it was a hilarious play, about two loveable ex-cons - a safecracker and a pickpocket - who wanted to show the ropes to a young convict who's been framed and is just getting out of prison.’
- ‘There are really too many to name them all, but Italian comic Tot is especially endearing in his role as Dante Cruiciani, a legendary safecracker brought in to give the gang some much-needed pointers.’
- ‘Needing a safecracker to replace Bridger, Charlie approaches the old man's daughter, Stella, who's taken the skills daddy taught her into the legitimate world of safe and vault consulting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.