One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sexual activity in which people take precautions to protect themselves against sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDS.
- ‘We had to teach them not only about sex but also about having safe sex.’
- ‘In the UK, results in favour of circumcision do not outweigh the protection offered by practising safe sex and using condoms.’
- ‘For some workers sexual pleasure was more important than the concern for safe sex.’
- ‘Workers generally felt that casual sex was acceptable as long as safe sex was practised.’
- ‘Perhaps the factor most commonly identified as an impediment to safe sex is substance abuse.’
- ‘For straight teenagers, safe sex primarily means not getting pregnant!’
- ‘Children of all ages and both sexes need to be taught about safe sex.’
- ‘Even safe sex is defined as sexual intercourse with a condom.’
- ‘Powell told a global forum on MTV, everyone should talk candidly about safe sex and condoms.’
- ‘Here in New York some dykes seem particularly attached to the idea of practicing safe sex, but I wonder if it's more of a hobby than a medical necessity.’
- ‘Yet we are lying to these children because we tell them condoms = safe sex.’
- ‘HIV-prevention discussions that should be about safe sex now focus on having less sex.’
- ‘If you know people are going to have sex, you have to promote safe sex.’
- ‘An overwhelming majority of all educators were willing to teach their learners about human sexuality and safe sex practices.’
- ‘If a person does not want to perform safe sex, it's not going to happen.’
- ‘If you do decide to have sex, be sure she speaks with her health care provider about her safe sex options.’
- ‘Some gay men were clear that arousal did not interfere with their intention to use safe sex.’
- ‘But it would be irresponsible and sexist to proclaim all the onus for safe sex is on the girls alone.’
- ‘Coburn is fervently opposed to campaigns promoting condom use and safe sex.’
- ‘This equation influences gay and bisexual men in their decisions about whether to adopt or to drop safe sex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.