One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sexual activity in which people take precautions to protect themselves against sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDS.
- ‘For straight teenagers, safe sex primarily means not getting pregnant!’
- ‘Here in New York some dykes seem particularly attached to the idea of practicing safe sex, but I wonder if it's more of a hobby than a medical necessity.’
- ‘An overwhelming majority of all educators were willing to teach their learners about human sexuality and safe sex practices.’
- ‘We had to teach them not only about sex but also about having safe sex.’
- ‘If you know people are going to have sex, you have to promote safe sex.’
- ‘Even safe sex is defined as sexual intercourse with a condom.’
- ‘Workers generally felt that casual sex was acceptable as long as safe sex was practised.’
- ‘HIV-prevention discussions that should be about safe sex now focus on having less sex.’
- ‘Children of all ages and both sexes need to be taught about safe sex.’
- ‘If a person does not want to perform safe sex, it's not going to happen.’
- ‘Perhaps the factor most commonly identified as an impediment to safe sex is substance abuse.’
- ‘But it would be irresponsible and sexist to proclaim all the onus for safe sex is on the girls alone.’
- ‘Coburn is fervently opposed to campaigns promoting condom use and safe sex.’
- ‘Powell told a global forum on MTV, everyone should talk candidly about safe sex and condoms.’
- ‘Yet we are lying to these children because we tell them condoms = safe sex.’
- ‘This equation influences gay and bisexual men in their decisions about whether to adopt or to drop safe sex.’
- ‘In the UK, results in favour of circumcision do not outweigh the protection offered by practising safe sex and using condoms.’
- ‘If you do decide to have sex, be sure she speaks with her health care provider about her safe sex options.’
- ‘Some gay men were clear that arousal did not interfere with their intention to use safe sex.’
- ‘For some workers sexual pleasure was more important than the concern for safe sex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.