One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Or the wife may sacrificially decide that giving her body with joy to her husband is more important than those few minutes of slumber.’
- ‘Baptists were also encouraged to give sacrificially of their energy, time, possessions, and money to help those in need and to further the interests of ‘Christ's kingdom’ in the world.’
- ‘Robert Emmett was a republican hero of the early 19th century who had sacrificially martyred himself for Ireland's cause.’
- ‘Following Christ's example, Evangelicals will seek to live sacrificially.’
- ‘For the past sixteen years Charlene has remained constantly at her daughter's side and has sacrificially devoted herself to being the best mother that she could be to Carla.’
- ‘Similarly, the medieval age of courtly love would have understood the notion of Christ the lover offering himself sacrificially, as seen in the relationship between Abelard and Heloise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.