One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Is it true that Eric Liddell abandoned sabbatarianism towards the end of his life?’
- ‘Besides keeping meticulous records, the fifth earl of Huntingdon was a man of exemplary piety, a moderate Calvinist who was obsessed with sabbatarianism.’
- ‘But in the 19th century, this essential work was seriously disrupted by the strict sabbatarianism and stifling dominance of the church.’
- ‘The evangelical revival made sabbatarianism fashionable, so that on a Victorian Sunday there was no sport or pleasure, not even reading of serious secular literature.’
- ‘It is notable, however, that members of religions which preserve strict sabbatarianism, that is, Saturday observance, usually have little difficulty in putting that into practice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.