One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make Russian in character.
- ‘Instead, it was extended, stripped of its Russifying intentions, and redeployed by the Bolsheviks in pursuit of their own ‘bold experiment in language planning’ in the 1920s.’
- ‘These people claimed to speak Russian but were in fact speaking a Russified Belarusan, often with the admixture of Yiddish words.’
- ‘Chelsea FC, that London footballing institution, is well on the way to being Russified in the wake of the buyout by a billionaire.’
- ‘Rather illogically, however, they denied this right to non-Russian peoples inside the Empire; these people should Russify themselves, or be Russified by others.’
- ‘It is true that the quintessential Eastern, Russified region of Donetsk has voted overwhelmingly for its ex-governor as well as ex-petty criminal Yanukovych.’
- ‘Only a small fraction of the ancestors of today's Armenian Americans had any contact with the Russified northern cities of Yerevan, Van, or Erzerum.’
- ‘Anxious hotel staff rush out and sweep us into an opulent Russified artmoderne interior.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.