One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salad of mixed diced vegetables with mayonnaise.
- ‘To start we opt for the traditional mayonnaise-lagged Russian salad, but for those preferring something less saturated in the white stuff there is a wide choice of salads and hors d' oeuvres including caviar at the classier end.’
- ‘We decided to order the Tartar Kofte at 2.32 leva with white beans, lutenitsa (which is a sauce of peppers and tomatoes), a Russian salad and rice.’
- ‘We feasted on soft cheeses, Russian salad (minus the salami for my benefit), bean soup, potato and cabbage dishes, chocolate cake and Bulgarian biscuits.’
- ‘There is just one complaint today by a Russian juggler, who is eating the pile of Russian salad on his plate.’
- ‘Ensalada rusa, Russian salad, is also a must at a holiday meal.’
- ‘According to the material before the court Newton's review was merciless - attacking the cakes and desserts, the Russian salad, the state of the cutlery, the use of granulated chicken flavour booster and jumbo bottles of tomato sauce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.