One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A time during each day when traffic is at its heaviest.
- ‘The Friday rush hour traffic wound its way slowly out of Glasgow city centre and up onto the Erskine bridge.’
- ‘Morning rush hour traffic was murderous at the best of times, and with something like this going on it was not moving at all.’
- ‘However, traffic was moving extremely slowly during the rush hour period.’
- ‘Average speed of rush hour traffic is now down to a crawl of three miles per hour and experts warn it is set to get worse.’
- ‘Because of the police diversion there were huge hold-ups with rush hour traffic along Whitworth Road.’
- ‘More cars were added to cope with rush hour traffic and the extra passengers generated by football games and race days.’
- ‘He looked out the window, the rush hour traffic had virtually stopped now.’
- ‘At rush hour, I never expect the traffic be good, especially when it is combined with a Friday.’
- ‘Last night police were forced to cordon off nearby roads and reroute rush hour traffic as toxic fumes poured into the sky.’
- ‘As the rush hour reached its peak this morning, traffic slowed to a crawl.’
- ‘Anyone who has driven through the rush hour traffic on the back of Bangkok motorbike taxi will know what I mean.’
- ‘He has found it the ideal way to get around during the festive period as he can miss the Christmas rush hour traffic.’
- ‘Vehicles piled up during rush hour traffic at the Bommanahalli junction on Hosur Road.’
- ‘In Canterbury there are a number of roads that are desperately needed to unclog the rush hour traffic.’
- ‘Thousands of people joined protests that caused chaos from the morning rush hour right through the evening.’
- ‘She soothes herself and looks out of the window at the rush hour traffic beneath her.’
- ‘He could not stop in the rush hour traffic and worried about her for the rest of the day.’
- ‘Dying would have been far more enjoyable than negotiating rush hour traffic whilst in a bizarre trance of denial.’
- ‘The weather was clear and the morning rush hour traffic had already built up and was inching along.’
- ‘Because firefighters had to close one lane of Halifax Road for more than seven hours there were huge rush hour traffic jams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.