Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An offensive player, typically a halfback, who specializes in carrying the ball.
- ‘He also has the lateral agility and footwork to run with most tight ends and some running backs.’
- ‘The offensive line and running backs are inconsistent, and the quarterbacks are green.’
- ‘Both teams have to find a way to run the ball without their starting running back.’
- ‘Look at all of the quality running backs, blockers, and wideouts.’
- ‘The more carries a running back gets, the better chance he has of wearing down a defense.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.