One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of advancing a ball caught after a kickoff, punt, or interception by running while carrying it.
- ‘All season long, he gave the Jets good field position with his runbacks.’
- ‘In 2001, he led NFL Europe in kickoff returns and ranked second in punt runbacks, but his NFL work that year once again wasn't particularly noteworthy.’
- ‘Beyond that, the Chargers came within a greasy glove of a kickoff-return TD by him before he lost the ball at the end of a 77-yard runback.’
- ‘The Hurricanes scored one touchdown on a blocked punt and another on a runback with a recovered fumble.’
- ‘He's an intriguing prospect because of his open-field speed, if nothing else, he can be a big-time kickoff returner; he already has a 90-yard runback.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.