One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abandon (someone); cease to support or care for.
desert, abandon, leave in the lurch, jilt, leave high and dry, discard, cast aside, throw over, turn one's back onView synonyms
- ‘My mom said that my father ran out on her and that he was a bastard.’
- ‘Taylor's mother recently ran out on her and her father, so things at home haven't been the best.’
- ‘There has to be a good reason why she ran out on him.’
- ‘He couldn't stand the fact that she ran out on him last night.’
- ‘You're not going to run out on me now, are you?’
- ‘I love my daughter, you're the one who ran out on her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.