One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cut of beef from the animal's rump.
- ‘This is how to cook a 2.5cm thick rump steak so that it's nice and rare in the middle.’
- ‘The fillet or rump steaks are delectable and reasonably sized, served with an array of mouth-watering sauces.’
- ‘Pound per metric pound, it's cheaper to buy rump steak than it is pork tongue.’
- ‘At World Sports, the menu included the Shaq 32 rump steak and the Air Jordan chicken (with pumpkin purée).’
- ‘In the old days you didn't mind a good bit of fat on a rump steak.’
- ‘The rump steak was especially succulent, the chicken in tomato and basil sauce, lamb and mint koftas and beef kebabs moist and tender.’
- ‘I chose the rump steak, which was served with a baked tomato and buttered mushrooms.’
- ‘I chose risotto with asparagus, clams and octopus carpaccio to start, followed by rump steak and polenta.’
- ‘The most popular steak dish is the 300g rump steak with béarnaise sauce and chunky chips and garden salad.’
- ‘Heat 5ml oil in a pan and cook 225g lean beef rump steak alongside 1 small onion, sliced.’
- ‘The most expensive dish on the menu - a 16 oz rump steak served with onion rings, tomato and mushrooms - cost only £12.95.’
- ‘The menu boasts everything from rump steaks to bangers and mash - and there are jackets and baguettes available too.’
- ‘You don't have to go far to fall over a deer in these parts and the venison rump steak with gravy and rowan jelly was undoubtedly local.’
- ‘The 10 oz rump steak is half the meaty price it costs today at just £7.95.’
- ‘But my dinner of a 5oz rump steak was only 3 quid, hot, tender and tasty.’
- ‘The food was good (I had oysters, rump steak and a mixed dessert platter) the wine was cheap and plentiful and the company excellent.’
- ‘I'll never stop eating meat, especially the crackling off roast pork and blood-oozing rump steaks but I admit I haven't made much of a hole in Europe's beef mountain.’
- ‘I successfully ordered a rump steak with chips and peas and Mexican chicken with chips and salad.’
- ‘Pan-frying is a good way to cook rump steaks or chops, which are at their juiciest when served well-seared on the outside and pink inside.’
- ‘The rump steak was succulent and was served with creamy mash, although the overcooked ratatouille let the dish down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.