One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is useless to hide the facts or deny the truth - this creates the environment for rumour-mongering to flourish, analysts said.’
- ‘He and some other directors began indulging in witch-hunting and rumour-mongering, knowing fully well that such acts only harm the bank.’
- ‘Much of what they passed off as political analysis was little better than rumor-mongering and garbage-peddling.’
- ‘It used to be that we had to wait until an election year for negative campaigning, rumor-mongering, mud-slinging, and win-at-all-cost consultants.’
- ‘He warned members against rumour-mongering and indiscipline which he said threatened to divide and weaken the party in the district.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.